Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Stephens Easter Cookie Party

So every year my mom has an Easter Cookie Party. We do quite a bit. We make sugar cookies, frost the sugar cookies, dye easter eggs, have an easter egg hunt for the kids and at some point eat. This year Brian and I did the first easter egg hunt for the adults. I really like that Jill involves the adults with hers so we decided to do one with my family just a bit different. It was just a total free for all and whoever got the egg with the sticker inside got the prize. It was quite enjoyable to watch. We even got my parents involved in the hunt. The best part of the whole adult easter egg hunt was the fact that there was a hole in Emily's bag so my brother in law McLain just followed her and picked up all the eggs that fell out of her bag. She only had like 2 eggs when it was all said and done. It was awesome. Sheri was the big winner. She didn't win alot but she did get some popcorn and some sprite. And the joy of being in charge of next years adult hunt. YEA SHERI!!

 We absolutely love when easter comes since we get to do the cookie party. When we were younger, my Grandma Stephens would have a Christmas Cookie Party and we looked forward to every year. It was really kinda sad when we grew up and she stopped having them. So now that my mom does one on Easter all of my brothers and sisters and I get to go back to being a kid again and make cookies like we did at grandma Stephens house. I love that Jayanne gets to be part of something that I loved when I was little with her Grandma Stephens.

I love the smug look on her face.

She was so excited to show daddy what she had made.




Who needs spoons when you have fingers.


Getting ready for the hunt. We have almost all the grandkids there. Adilyn was sleeping and Bridger was home with a broken elbow.




Enjoying their spoils



No cookie party is complete without a taste of the frosting.
Thanks Mom!! It was alot a fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment