Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Vacation

So over UEA break we packed up our little family and went on a much needed vacation and to celebrate Brian turning 30. We spent a few days in Vegas and then a couple in St. George. We had a lot of fun. It was so nice to just get away and not worry about anything. The drive down was awful though. I don't recommend driving that long of a drive with two kids. It went fairly well until after St. George. We hit construction so many times it was ridiculous. And then when we were like 30 or 40 miles out of Vegas traffic just stopped. It took us almost 2 hours to finish the drive into Vegas. At that point we were all just done. It took us around 10 hours to drive there. It was the longest day of my life. But we made it there and had fun. One of the best parts for me was getting together with my family that lives down there for dinner. It was nice to get a homemade meal and I don't get to see them very much. Jayanne even made a new friend with my cousin Rob's little girl Averie. They had so much fun together. I was sad that I didn't get any pictures.  I was gonna break this post up into each day but I think I will just post all the pictures from our trip in this post. Saves time. So enjoy our trip and lots of pictures!
Ready for the long ride.

She was so  excited to go on an adventure.

PALM TREES!

Jayanne was so excited to touch a stingray.

At the shark aquarium


Caesars Palace

So tired

Sometimes this girl just won't leave him alone.

Jayanne with her shark she got. (She had to have the pink shark.)

Swimming!

What would we do without TV?


So Jayanne wanted nothing to do with M&M world but she thought Coke World was the best. Definitely Brian's daughter.

Jayanne was very excited to get her picture taken with a polar bear.


This is the fountain that she got to through her pennies in.

Most of the pennies went in the flowers.


The fountain show. For as many times as I have been to Vegas this is the first time I watched the show.


Jayanne LOVED it!
The Volcano

On our way out of Vegas we stopped at the raceway!

Our hotel in St. George had a playground. That made Jayanne's day.

Our view

Jayanne had a pillow fight with Brian. Needless to say her little ladybug pillow doesn't hold much against a big pillow.

Brian's birthday Dinner at Texas Roadhouse

Love my family!

Jackson gave daddy a whole's night sleep for his birthday!

Jayanne was so excited that her room had a TV in it. She watched it while we packed up and this is how she did it.

On our way out of St. George we stopped at Sand Hollow Reservoir.


1 comment:

  1. Fun! Did Brian get to sit on the saddle?????
    Yeah, I dread going 6 hours in the car when we go to Moab...I can't even imagine 10 hours. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete