Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Lion King

So on Sunday we borrowed The Lion King from my mother-in-law so Jayanne would have something else to watch since we can no longer handle Cars or Toy Story. We watched it on Wednesday. My little sister Emily was here and we of course had more fun watching it than Jayanne. It had been years since we had last seen it. While we were belting out the songs all of these memories of when we were younger came back. Me, my sister Sheri and my cousins Kara, Kendra and Marissa would make up dances to songs when we were little and perform them at family get togethers. The ones I remember the most were Lion King songs. I have no idea what made us decide to make up dances but we did. My little sister Emily, my little brother Allen and my cousin Desiree always wanted to dance with us but we would never let them because who ever wanted to hang out with their little brother and sister. We also did dances to The Spice Girls, at least one of their songs. Don't ask me how we went from disney songs to Spice Girls cuz I have no clue. Anyways we performed that dance and then our younger siblings also did too but the best part of that dance was that our older cousins helped them out. My brother Jason and my cousins Rob and Mike danced to Spice Girls. It was pretty much the best thing ever. I am really sad that we don't have pictures of any of this. Someone did at one point have a video but I have no idea if it is still around. Anyways, we had a total blast doing it and watching Lion King really brought those memories back and how much I loved being a kid.

2 comments: