Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Knighton Reunion

So over the weekend was my Knighton family reunion. They camped over night at the American West Center up by Logan. We weren't able to camp overnight with them but we were able to make it up there Saturday morning to spend a few hours with my family. We spent the day at the center. It was a neat little place that has all sorts of stuff that the pioneers did back in the day. They had wagon rides, train rides, pony rides, woodworking shops, mercantile, millenary and alot of exhibits of old school clothing and toys and things. It was pretty cool. They even put on a gun shoot out for us that some guests were able to participate in. It was pretty neat. It was really hot so Jayanne wasn't always in the best of moods but I think she still had fun with it. Her favorite part was probably the pony ride she had. She was grinning from ear to ear. So was my niece Brooklyn. The whole time Jayanne was on the pony she just kept saying, "Mommy, I ride horsie. I ride horsie!" It was really fun to see how excited she was about riding the horse. It was as if they have never expreienced anything as cool as that. Jayanne was excited about the train ride until it started to move and then she wasn't all that sure about it.
My sister Sheri trying her hand at wood working.

Anxiuosly waiting for her turn on the ponies.

Smiling from ear to ear.

After we were done she just kept asking for more horsie.

Brooklyn having the time of her life.

Ben enjoying the ride.

Bridger had a blast as well.

Getting ready for the train ride.

At this point she wasn't all that sure about it.


It wasn't a big train but it was still fun.

Everyone on the train.

My parents
So after that we went and saw them shoot some old school guns. They had a presentation about one of them called that Gattling Gun. It was a pretty neat gun but huge at the same time. It was crazy to see how far guns have come. This one didn't have a trigger. You just turned that handle to get to to shoot. It was pretty neat to see it.
The big one is the Gattling Gun and the smaller one is a small cannon.
After that I convinced Brian and my bro-in-law McLain to enter a two-man saw contest. Then I convinced my brother Allen and my cousin Ryan to enter and then my dad and my cousin Daniel to enter. They all did really good and at one point was 1st, 2nd and 3rd. But when we went back about an hour later for the awards they were like 7th and below. But they still had fun and still did really good. I was totally gonna do it but my partner is like 8 months pregnant so we decided it probably wasn't the smartest idea to enter the contest.
Brian and Mclain at 29 seconds
 
Ryan and Allen at 39 seconds

Dad and Daniel at 32 seconds
It turned out to be a really fun day. Thanks to Aunt Pam and Aunt Joyce for getting it together for us! It was really fun.
Ready for a nap.

Making a cloth doll.

Watching the shoot out with Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment